Clarksville Child Support Lawyers
Helping You Provide for Your Children
The state of Tennessee requires the alternative residential parent, or the parent with whom the child does not live, to provide support payments which assist the primary residential parent with expenses. These payments provide financial stability for the children so they can continue to attend school, receive health care, and conduct life with as close a semblance of their "normal" as possible.
Our Clarksville child support lawyers at Aldred Law Firm help both the Alternative Residential Parent and Primary Residential Parent determine the rules and regulations governing child support negotiations. Begin drafting your own parenting plan by contacting our firm at (931) 648-9621.
Calculating Child Support Payments
Each state approaches the calculation of child support a little differently. In Tennessee, the court reviews each parent's income level, earning potential, and the special demands of each child when determining the amount which a parent will be required to pay in support.
The worksheets we use to calculate these payments go through the following elements:
- Terms of the parenting plan, including how many days the children spend with each parent
- The adjusted gross income of each parent
- Health insurance expenses and other medical care expenses not covered by the child's medical plan
- Income from sources other than employment - including trusts, unemployment, disability, and lottery winnings
- Tax credits that pertain to your particular childcare situation
- Work-related child care costs as well as the costs for each child's education
Diligent Attorneys with the Interests of Your Family at Heart
Our legal team devotedly protects our clients' rights, helping you to understand your options and obligations when it comes to determining child support payments. Every situation is unique and we have more than 25 years of experience serving clients in Tennessee divorce cases.
We look forward to providing you with a free initial consultation with our knowledgeable Clarksville divorce attorneys. Contact our firm today at (931) 648-9621.