Clarksville Birth Injury and Cerebral Palsy Lawyers
If your baby possibly suffered a birth injury, you immediately need an experienced birth injury attorney to link the injury to the negligence of the delivery team. At Aldred Law Firm, we help families throughout the states of Kentucky and Tennessee who have watched their child and/or mother suffer before, during, and after birth. With more than 45 years combined experience, we know what to look for and help our clients obtain fair compensation for a life care plan.
Common Causes of Birth Injuries
There are countless situations that can lead to a birth injury. Some of the most common include:
- Not watching the Fetal Heart Rate (FHR)monitor
- Misuse of Pitocin (PIT)
- Cord prolapse
- Placental abruption
- Preterm labor
- Untreated infection
- Premature rupture of membrane
- Improper use of vacuum extractor
- Failure to give antibiotics during pregnancy
- Poor management of hyper stimulation
- Being sent home after water broke or while in labor
Common Signs of Birth Injury
About 80% of developmental delays and permanent brain damage are caused by negligent birth injury.
If you see any of the following with your baby, your baby may have suffered a birth injury:
- Difficulty breathing
- Spells of inconsolable crying
- They were placed in the NICU
- MRI shows signs of brain damage
- Any seizures, even if controlled by medication
- Speech delays or delays in making normal baby sounds
- Not smiling by approximately two months of age
- Delay in sucking more than 24 hours
- Problems eating or keeping food down
- Vomiting or spitting up a lot after most feedings
- Arching back or throwing head back when lying on side
- Unusual motion of arms or legs or "bicycling legs"
- Delay in rolling over, sitting up, or crawling
- Not walking by approximately one year of age
- Creeping on hands and knees and not crawling
Abnormal Things to Hear as a Parent
There are several things that should raise a red flag.
If you are told any of the following, your child may be suffering from a birth injury:
- Your baby has low APGAR scores
- Your baby's heart rate was low during birth
- Your baby was stuck in the birth canal too long
- The myelination process is abnormal
- There were decelerations in the fetal heart rate (FHR)
- Medical staff told you this is a birth defect or metabolic abnormality
- Things just did not go well
Take Action Today for Your Child’s Sake
With new laws, your time to file a birth injury claim has been cut extremely short. It is important that you do not hesitate to take immediate action. At the Aldred Law Firm, we can work with you to file a claim and ensure that your child has the necessary funds to take care of them for the rest of their life. If your child has suffered cerebral palsy, or any other kind of lifetime disability, we want to help. Contact us immediately.
What Is Cerebral Palsy?
Cerebral palsy is a condition in which part of the brain is injured due to lack of nutrients, oxygen, or circulation. Many cerebral palsy cases occur during the birth process. If a baby is deprived of oxygen during birth, it can cause cerebral palsy. This is a permanent condition which afflicts the developing child's muscle control and brain development.
Skilled Attorneys with Medical & Legal Knowledge
In order to file a birth injury claim, you need the representation of a birth injury attorney who is experienced and who understands the medical details that go into the investigation of a birth injury. With more than 25 years of experience, our attorneys have the knowledge and experience necessary to build a good case.
Pursuing a cerebral palsy case involves:
- Extensive patient history investigations
- Consultations with medical specialists who give insight to your case
- Investigation into the records pertaining to the birth of your child
- Evaluation of all laws pertaining to your particular case
The compensation you seek for your child's injury can help not only cover the medical expenses you incurred at the time of the injury but can also help you cover the future costs of your child's needs when it comes to therapy, treatment, and rehabilitation.
If you think your baby might have sustained a birth injury you or if your wife died during child birth, call the Aldred Law Firm at (931) 648-9621 or send an injury contact form through our website.
New laws have cut the time period in which you can legally file your birth injury claim